Monday, July 11, 2011

Jhon - YPN Participant 2010 (Colombia)

"Kids rights are very important in the world, especially in a Country like Colombia where many kids live in poverty, have to work and most of them do not have good opportunities and education.

After Youth Peace Network program I realized how important are these kind of topics in the community and I became more sensible about these realities that is why I made workshops for 30 children between 7 and 12 years old during two weeks, everything about their rights and how important in the society they are. Those kids live in a humble area in east Cali (Colombia) and their community has lot of problems like violence, environmental issues, drugs troubles and .

During the workshops, I used games, arts and stories. And some of the topics were the importance of life, their rights and good behavior to live in peace each others. It was not so easy for me but the most important was that children were happy, they learned and I was able to put just a drop of water in an endless sea. I hope keep making these kind of activities for getting a better place to live."




No comments:

Post a Comment